This role will serve as the Business Partner to the North Asia region and help to manage a business region that is highly successful in Asia.
Being a VP for Finance located in HK, you will be responsible for the full range of Finance and Accounting functions, this role will be an integral part of the Asia Leadership team and will be critical to the ongoing success and financial productivity of the business.
- Having accountability for the overall Finance and Accounting functions, with the goal of optimizing the fiscal health of the business
- Building an efficient, effective and comprehensive process for developing financial plans and analysis that help to support insightful decision making.
- Lead alignment between Finance and the Commercial functions to ensure that financial planning processes, including monthly forecasting, business plan development and annual budgeting, are effective.
- Lead Annual Operating Plan process
- Undertake a leadership role in a variety of business initiatives supporting key growth or productivity for example, approval of key capital spending requests
- Build, sustain and engage a high-functioning and efficient Finance organization in the region
- Oversee Accounting and Financial Controls framework and policies to enhance cost management and responsible financial stewardship
- Implement and maintain Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) framework in coordination with Internal Audit and other key partners
You should have a minimum of 10 years of business experience ideally with breadth across finance, planning, strategy and accounting and be equipped with the proven ability to develop and translate broad strategies into specific objectives and action plans. You will have the ability to influence and align the organization to support strategic priorities and to demonstrate collaborative leadership in a complex, global, multi-cultural environment. You should be a strategic thinker with strong financial acumen and hands-on analytical capability. You should be able to use financial analysis to evaluate and drive shareholder value as well as business decisions. You should have the ability to write clearly and persuasively, create powerful presentations, and speak articulately. You should be a goal setter, and be aggressively driving for results and demonstrate a strong commitment to organizational success. You should be degree qualified with an additional MBA and/or relevant accounting qualifications. You should have the English proficiency preferably at the native level, and the proficiency of one other Chinese language will be ideal but not a must.