Reporting to the National Sales Director and managing a salesforce of 14 people, the Area Sales Manager (ASM) has to develop and execute a regional commercial plan which meets brand, distribution, coverage, volume and profit objectives through the most effective utilization of budget and personnel to achieve national and regional specific commercial objectives. Moreover, the ASM has to manage appointed distributors in order to meet distribution, volume and profit objectives. Main Tasks
- Develop and implement a Regional commercial plan that meets the objectives of the National Commercial plan and is in line with brand strategy and the needs of the trade.
- Manage the development of the team.
- Manage the distribution within the Region in order to ensure that availability is maximized in line with brand strategies and the needs of the market.
- Implement national presence of commercial and promotion programs with optimum use of resources and materials in order to achieve the highest in-store visibility and sales performance.
- Establish close working relationships with the retailers in order to gain high levels of support.
- Keep the salesforce fully informed at all times of objectives, progress and future action plan in order that effective planning and in-market activities can be implemented.
- Provide commercial and competitive information and reports on performance of distributors to ensure that the Commercial Director is fully informed at all times.