Holding the key role at the Administration and Finance Department, Accounting & Finance Director is responsible for managing and ensuring the continuous and efficient operation of accounting and finance activities, with 3 main duties:
- Ensure that the accounting jobs in member companies are conducted accurately, sufficiently and timely;
- Manage and eliminate risks in Finance Management Operation: Payment, Tax,..;
- Ensure that all member companies comply with accounting policies of Group and Vietnamese accounting requirements.ACTIVITIESManage the corporate accounting system
- Provide the modeling of accounting system which is suitable for the company activities, scope of work and specific of each member companyís business operation;
- Manage the accounting control system to ensure that all finance and accounting data is correct, sufficient, accurate and on time in order to support Management Control Department to conduct the consolidation report and management report properly;
- Centralize the management of the supplierís debt controlling system in order to help all suppliers and member companies to manage their credit and minimize bad debt;
- Oversee the support team and control the accounting system to ensure the whole accounting system is running properly and in compliance with the accounting principles. To make sure accounting book is closed properly in line with Groupís timeline;
- Provide accounting processes built on the minimization of manual works and the maximization of computerized procedures. To implement all merger processes, focus in business and management to minimize redundant accounting staff to save cost and to increase productivity;
- Co-ordinate with internal audit department on the company annual audit planning, to ensure that all recommendation by auditors are implemented with sufficiency and accuracy;
- Work with auditing companies for arisen issues, questions related to accounting standards: VAS, IAS and other financial reports in accordance with VAS and the Group standards as well as IFRS. To deploy the implementation of standards applicable to member companies.
Manage Insurance Contracts
- Manage tax risks, conduct tax risks report to track and eliminate arisen issues in the member companies.
- Oversee taxation issues arisen by new regulations, laws that relate to member companies, to work with tax consulting agencies or to correspond with Tax Authority to get the specific tax guidance applicable for member companies;
- Work closely with Chief Accountants on dealing with tax local authorities on the issue of tax finalization to ensure that all member companies pay tax properly and timely, to get VAT refunded for all member companies;
- Support member companies in appeal to General Department of Taxation and Ministry of Finance against tax finalization or VAT refund;
- Work with tax consulting agencies for all questions relate to business, contract or a specific operation.
Coordinate/support other departments
- Monitor all insurance contracts on properties, responsibilities, business operation,Ö of members companie: to propose new contract, additional terms or renew contract yearly to make sure the grounds for claiming in case of loss caused by disasters, events or unusual events.
- Ensure that all insurance conditions comply with Groupís requirements.
- Support other department including: Finance , Management Control, Legal, General Expenses, Purchasing Center, IT,Ö with all works / projects that require accountant competencies;
- Coordinate with Control & Management Department to produce consolidation reports of member companies for Group;
- Support Purchasing Center to work with suppliers with response, guidance relating to contract terms & conditions, discounts policies, service, invoice. Be a focal point of Company to all suppliers.
- Be responsible for recruiting, training and effectively managing the accounting department (more than 300 staff) from 21 member companies including chief accountant, accountants and accounting executives to ensure the continuous and optimum accounting operation