The Account Director (AD) is intensely involved in and responsible for managing the Agency’s business for the Client on a day to day basis and is responsible for making sure the account is running smoothly. To do this the AD must thoroughly understand the Client’s business and be an effective spokesperson for the brand.
This role manages creative development from Client brief through to production, and should deliver motivating and insightful strategies and powerful creative ideas which are professionally implemented at every traditional and non traditional consumer touch point.
The AD is expected to effectively lead, inspire and direct their team to achieve the highest standards of service to the Client. This includes mentoring and coaching the Account Executive and / or Account Manager to ensure excellent administration of the account.Budgets
- Manage all budgeting / estimates / invoicing, internally and with the Client.
- Contribute to the financial performance of the business unit.
- Ensure all briefings, strategic and creative development internal processes and
- logistics are managed within the required Agency resources and timeline
- Prepare and/or approve all status update / project evaluation / reconciliation reports
- Support the Account Manager in the preparation of reports required
- Establish and maintain excellent working relationships with all stakeholders including internal, Clients, and third party suppliers
- Manage all contact between the Agency and the Client.
- Contribute significantly to strategic thinking and provide input and added value to key agency work focusing on the long term view.
- Guide and control the strategic direction of each brand or account and initiate strategy reviews
- Proactively engage the Client in communication initiatives and maintain an excellent rapport with the top decision makers
- Represent and merchandise the client’s business within the Agency.
- Creative Excellence
Brief and motivate Creatives and assist them to develop in-depth knowledge of
- Client/s’ strategic issues
- Evaluate whether Creative is in accordance with the brief and offer actionable advice for improvement
- Initiate, recognise and encourage outstanding, brand-building creative ideas
- Develop and nurture team spirit and morale between team members and stakeholders
- Manage personnel planning, recruitment, evaluations, training and promotions for your team employees.
- Ensure high quality work of the account service team and provide on the job training and mentoring.
- Contribute significantly to the growth and the development of the organisation, in terms of business success as well as efficiency and effectiveness of internal systems and processes
- Seek and identify additional revenue opportunities for the Agency.
- Corporate Governance
- Ensure compliance with corporate policies in all team activities